So I’m on day 4. I’ve gone completely cold turkey on all refined carbs, caffeine and sugar. Things I’ve noticed:
1. Improved alertness throughout the entire day.
2. Noticeable increase in sensitivity to my insulin response. (blood sugar levels)
3. My cravings for refined carbs are starting to subside, although I want a cup of coffee like a mo’fo at the moment.
4. Still having problems getting the proper ratio of vegetables in my diet, and will be concentrating on eating fruits with very low glycemic loads (nectarines, strawberries and grapefruit) so as to off-set my reliance on those type of carbohydrates.
5. Have only worked out once since I started the diet (on Monday) with no averse effects. Will be doing yoga today at lunch, so we’ll see how I feel afterward.
6. Food seems to taste better, although I’m not sure if that is from purchasing organic food. . . .
7. There is definitely something going on with my body. Most of the websites/articles I’ve read consider this the body cleansing itself. I’m not sure if I’m reacting adversely or complimentary to the diet, I just know I’m reacting.
Anyways, I’ll keep y’all posted as I continue this lifestyle change. If anyone has any questions, comments, or whatever, hit me up through the comment section.
And for some awesome info on the paleo lifestyle please read:
**update – just got back from yoga. It went well, although I was famished directly thereafter. Also, I weighed myself, and I have lost 5lbs.